I’m now a social media marketing intern for Solent TV.
We’re working in a group of 3, and there is me, Joshua Falconer, and Carmel Woolley (team leader).
I expect my group to produce work at the highest standard of our ability, maximise our potential as a student from this module. However, what I’ve found challenging was the lack of information from the client. Therefore, I need to particular research on Solent TV.
Audience targeting is the ability to take your broad audience of proposed customers and divided it into groups based on different criteria, including online behavioral characteristics, demographics, interests, and intent. These also refer to buyer personas. I need to keep in mind while producing targeted ads or content so that the marketing materials can have the business’s high ROI (return on investment).
According to M. Anderson [https://blog.hubspot.com/marketing/good-copywriting-practices-list] these are 6 traits of good copywriting:
- It tilt your perspective
- It finds connection
- It has a stunning lead
- It is born out of listening
- It avoids jargon and hyperbole
- It cut out excess
YouTube Premiere is a great way to build hype on the release date of a video you’re promoting. [click here] To find out how.
According to Chen from Sprout Social, demographic statistics are a fundamental piece of data for any marketing strategy. The table below dictate what social media platforms would be suitable for the videos we are promoting.
According to thedrum.com, there are 3 strategies Hero, Hub and Help.
- Hero: it is a campaign that happens a couple of times a year, like a seasonal launch. Its purpose is to gain potential customer’s attention by creating a creative message to enhance the brand.
- Hub: are constant publishing contents that your audience keeps coming back to engage with it in some form. Its purpose of maintaining a continuous relationship with your customers by creating serial production throughout the year.
- Help: is flexible content that releases at any time of the year to answer any questions consumers raised.
After we have a conference with James, who’s a Solent graduate, I have learned:
- If you work for an agency, you have more freedom. Big corporations, you have everything set for a specific role. Therefore, you have little things you can do.
- If you can do things outside of courses, that would make you look unique on your CV. Also, it allows you to show that you put in an extra effort to learn something additional outside of your course.
- Video content overpowered other forms of media. Therefore, I need to focus on video editing and maybe learn how to do animated text to give me an extra edge over other future competitors.
- Reels are one of the best ways to promote a specific section on Instagram where video content is only showing. It emphasises that there is a high number of consumers that interest in just video.
- LinkedIn is another platform that is also a niche. It’s suitable without audio, video content. It’s a professional way of representing your brand professionally. People at work tend to scroll through this more than Facebook, as Facebook is a more casual platform than LinkedIn.
- Native video is the way. TikTok, Pinterest, Facebook, Twitter, Instagram, LinkedIn. Make it suitable for that specific platform.
- Optional: Facebook Blueprint, Google Digital Fundamentals, HubSpot Social Media Certification. It would make you stand out on your living CV.
- Create a presentation – explain yourself.
- Creating live-content, Q&A, YouTube Premiere, Create interactions!
- Create a timeline for Hub, Hero, and Help. Create a root spread on who is responsible for what role. – We didn’t do this that well. Despite doing a lot of research, a not well execute organisation will affect the outcome.
I’m confidence that we can perform well on executing due the research.
- We wanted the most popular time to launch the video. Then, I have realised it doesn’t matter because it’s Solent TV’s responsibility to release it. Also, we have no control over that.
- Our SMART goal can be more specific and broader depth.
- We need to do a written report of our campaigns: We should present it as an eye-pleasing method. For example, on PowerPoint for presentation. InDesign/Photoshop/Illustrator theme like a magazine. However, as a report with the combination of images and well-written professional language.
- We should do a weekly review of our success/progress.
- Look for something to inspire your posts like BBC Documentary trailers, or Netflix, etc. Of course, your promotion won’t be as successful. However, it would be good to compare what went well and what we need to do better.
- Include stats and diagrams as an image instead of words. Nevertheless, if you have to point out something with words, then do it.
- Create a prototype of what we need to do in the future.
- Write analytic language: pros, cons, and how to overcome.
As a result, we could not gain as much reach as we wanted. It took Behind the Blue Lines to gain over 100 views in a week. The New Norm has gained nearly 50 views in 24hr. However, I have learned a valuable lesson: I need to be aware of what other people are doing that makes them successful. I need to be more competent by underestimating my ability to something that I am inexperienced in. In the future, I should try to get in contact with Facebook pages that have a significant number of my target audience. Also, I should try to create a focus group to understand what the primary audience use.